Friday, October 23, 2009

My Confession

Jesus Christ barged into my life when I was 15. Never had heard much about Him before that. But He intruded into my thoughts. My schedule. My plans. My friends. There was no real way for me to avoid pondering His words or His claims. I sorta remember resenting that my life was changing in directions I hadn't chosen. And then He let me see Him. It was dazzling. It was the most brilliant and clear and lovely invitation to join His life. Wowsers. Caedmon's Call has a line in a song that goes like this, "He saved me. He saved me. He pulled me from the grave." Amen. I was dead in a grave and then, presto, I was no longer a cold corpse, but a believing and grateful girl.

So this is my confession, Jesus saw my unbelieving, dead heart and was moved by love to rescue me. He opened my eyes to His cross, grave and resurrection and allowed me to believe that He did it for me.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! This has been a long time coming, and it is a GOOD thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mel. I knew you would cheer me onto to verbosity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud to become a "follower" of my mother's blog. :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete