Thursday, October 22, 2009



Addison was a most welcome guest at our house this past weekend. Her parents were cool enough to be attending a U2 concert in Oklahoma and we were lucky enough to get to have her with us. How do you describe the relationship that has sprung up between me and my granddaughter?

Of course she is smart and funny and really pretty. She is fearless and trusting and curious. She easily adapts to our home and dog and a constant stream of guests. (one exception; am I allowed to say this? that she sort of resists the combined charms of the three Erics that cycle through here? ) When you go to her crib after a nap she tosses (nay, flings) down her binky, ready for what's next.

Her eyes track my face to see what I will suggest next. She is almost always game to whatever I invite her to. Her face most regularly registers a happy joy that evokes echoing smiles from everyone here. Of course I love her. Of course I miss her while she is in Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment