Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Road Trips That I Have Not Yet Taken

I have gone on many road trips in my life. Like way too many to count. Funny how the ones that stick out, the ones I remember and like to retell always have some obstacle to overcome or some harrowing detail. Like the time our van died in the middle of the river...or sleeping in the suburban on a sub-freezing night, just because. But don't let me get started because I have a Veritable Array of good stories. And this post is about what is to come. The great unknown, as it were. And the really profound thing about cancer is that you begin to realize that you cannot count on every day being a good day for a road trip. (which is true for everyone, but I never believed it until now. Weird.)

Tomorrow Jay and I are going to drive past Pueblo, Colorado to see a piece of property that belongs to my dad. Well, that is the reason we are going to that particular latitude/longitude. But really we just want to get in the car and drive. May this be the first trip of many.


No comments:

Post a Comment