Friday, March 12, 2010

May I recommend a good read?

Letters from the Land of Cancer has been good for me. Its as if an older friend put his arm on my shoulder and pointed me the way to go. Because one of the weights of cancer is the second guessing that goes on in the middle of the night wakefulness. And Wangerin speaks to that! He opens up his thoughts and wrestlings over the disease and its inroads into his quality of life. Such a kind savior is revealed in those pages! He makes much of God!

I feel too squeamish to be as candid as he is. Because my words aren't as used as skillfully as his, it would seem like a long parade of words that whine and flinch. Don't like the feel of that. But I will say that Tuesday's needle biopsy is giving me the willies.

1 comment:

  1. Yah...I didn't realize you had a blog! Thinking of you.....
    www.corleyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete