Thursday, April 8, 2010

People Are Cool

People are so cool. Some are tiny and some huge. There are old ones and very young ones (loved watching you smile tonight, Ellaina.) Some have adventurous hearts and some that have hearts that are barely beating. You can see hard workers and also hard players. Some are grateful that they can see the sunrise and others that sleep through every sunrise of their lives. Every person I have been privileged to know are different from another. No one is quite like me (lucky universe!) Each one carries a piece that reflects God. Every one was lent the breath of life.

(I ran outside tonight in a gloaming that gave me bursts of speed...it is so beautiful. And even though my breath was running short I couldn't stop running until I arrived home. I want that to be a metaphor for the years of my life.)

Right now I am finding myself in a very sad conflict with a friend. And there is absolutely no way to imagine myself into that other's head to think their thoughts about this tension. Because all of those other cool people are OTHER. As in, NOT ME. Different. And how each person solves distress and discomfort are different. So I bumble along, praying lots. Knowing that my Redeemer has a way through this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment