Monday, April 19, 2010

A bit of Harry Potter

This is a first for me....I have quoted Piper and Lewis and Thackery. I have quoted Twain even more. But this short piece was so piercingly sweet it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks JK.

Harry did not really listen. A warmth was spreading through him that had nothing to do with the sunlight: a tight obstruction in his chest seemed to be dissolving. He knew that Ron and Hermione were more shocked than they were letting on, but the mere fact that they were still there on either side of him, speaking bracing words of comfort, not shrinking from him as though he were contaminated or dangerous, was worth more that he could ever tell them.

Perhaps one has to be in that precise place to understand how he felt. But I have been gifted with the presence of others and bracing words that comfort. People too brave to shrink away from me. What a generous gift that is!!

1 comment:

  1. very cool quote...
    I'm so glad you are
    being braced and embraced!

    ReplyDelete