Tuesday, January 19, 2010

waiting

I heard it said that waiting is an inactive as a water molecule is devoid of microbes. Meaning that waiting is active. I also heard it said that casting your care on the Lord is not a gentle toss with a bungie cord attached to the care so that it comes back to you. Its an aimed hurl...think of a baseball pitcher. That care is far gone if ridded of properly.

So I am actively waiting, and hurling my cares with deliberate aim at the One Who Knows my end from these middle places.

2 comments:

  1. I've been pondering this waiting thing for over three years now. I have a bible marked with jillions of waiting verses...
    I like the idea of actively waiting...but I am also trying to reconcile it in my mind with being still and knowing...
    I'm realizing that our Christ-like walk largely includes waiting of different varieties.
    waiting for someone to believe, waitng for a loved one to change, waiting for a wayward child to see, waiting for needs to be met..
    I could go on and on...
    anyway, whatever you are waiting for I firmly
    believe that it will be God's best...since that
    is what He wants for all of us. I have also learned that God's best can sometimes be painful to my finite understanding...
    anyway, praying for you, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy. I appreciate your thoughts. Waiting does include the 'be still and know that I am God' part too. I was waiting for a shot to be given me and I knew it would be less painful it receive if my arm were relaxed. But the nurse was oh so blamed slow! and waiting in a relaxed manner was hard work!

    ReplyDelete