Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Babies

So now I am thinking about babies. Probably due to the fact that I get to attend two showers this weekend that are celebrating two women that I love a whole lot. I am nearly dancing with anticipation to see those brand new girl children.

New babies are full of glory. They are so still in their deep sleep. What are they dreaming of? When you catch their gaze and they stare so unsmilingly, what are their thoughts? I always look forward to hearing the sound of their voices. Feeling the solid weight of their heads as they finally fall into sleep on my shoulder is a joy. It seems to me that we who are grown up have this incredibly important, never ceasing charge to communicate in every way given to us that love is worth what it costs. that you can trust people. that taking risks is the fun part of living. that every single grief will be comforted, in time. that life is good.

1 comment:

  1. love babies!! miss my babies!!
    but there is something compelling about
    12, 13, 14 and 25. love those ages, too.
    although, sometimes, I think it would be nice to
    put them down for a long afternoon nap so I could enjoy the quiet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete