Monday, December 17, 2012

Nora is only 2!

Without a lot of confidence that my two granddaughters were going to understand me, I found myself involved in a  morning long conversation on the power of God to do what we are unable to do. They needed an explanation of what exactly the word 'power' meant. We discussed it for a bit and they liked the idea that it means, 'God has enough strength to do whatever it is He is going to do'. They were tracking for parts of it, and distracted at times by finding Archie at Trader Joe's or needing me to handle the scissors. But I persevered with application and illustration found in the morning's activities.

At one point Nora had been sent into a time out due to an infraction involving grabbing and tearing a temporarily treasured art work. As she came out smiling, she said, "God has enough power to change my heart!", which, if you think about it, is just plain brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment