Friday, December 4, 2009

There is an irrational wish in me today that words would only be allowed for happy and good and cheerful ideas. Because then I would not be allowed to use words like, 'goodbye', and 'death', and 'funeral'. And yet there was such a hushed and holy moment for Dad, Beth, Sue and I as we stood with John during his last moments in his body. And as awful as death is, there is a beauty and strength that can grow in us as we smile through our tears at John's now-at-peace face. Oh how I will miss him! Who else will send me the old-lady birthday cards? And tell me that fighting for life and dreams is Worth It. I cherish the memory of the talks we had this past year.

Now I am in Nebraska. So glad to be with my family and my friends. I have a blessed life! I know a God who blesses!

1 comment:

  1. Can I use the words; 'compassion', 'empathy' and 'hope' to you?

    ReplyDelete